We have only 20 weeks to go! How exciting! If you are planning your own Disney trip, please let me know in the comments below. Also, if you have any specific aspects of planning you'd like me to cover, I would love some suggestions for posts.
My Liner pins arrived! I got two of exactly the same pin. One will serve as a backup, in case I lose the other. The phrase on the pin is very true- I definitely wait less thanks to Lines (and the Unofficial Guide).
I had another splurge on items for my Disney trip this week. I had been wanting a pair of ears from Mila Mouse, but she only opens her website for orders occasionally, at very specific times. If you don't order quickly, you'll likely miss out on the ones you want.
I was refreshing the page until it opened, and I still missed a pair that I wanted (Spaceship Earth). So I snagged Finding Dory and Haunted Mansion instead.
It's time to take another look at my list of goals to see which ones I need to work into my touring plan. Also, I plan to add reminders and suggestions for goal completion in my touring plans.
Here is what I have...
Goals for 2017 WDW Trip:
- Record ride order on park map to help remember my trip details better- Still works!
- Eat a Disney Cupcake (that’s not the Grey Stuff, already tried that)- Keeping thisone!
- Do Pick-A-Pearl in the Japan Pavilion- Definitely in the plan!
- Get at least three character autographs- I'm hoping to get more than this, but this is good start.
- Buy a pair of earrings from a country in the world showcase (not Mexico, already have a pair)- Still doable.
- Ride Seven Dwarfs Mine Train- I'm so looking forward to this! I've seen enough ride videos, and read enough feedback that I'm not scared at all!
- See Festival of the Lion King- Can't wait for this either!
- Watch the Main Street Electrical Parade- I'm so sad, but I will need to remove this. No more MSEP!
- Take photos and record useful information for three excellent experiences with Cast Members, so I can give them a shout-out- Definitely doing this!
- Three photos of us (either Jimmy or I) per day- And this!
- Be a Fairy Godmailer for the Lines community- And probably this too.
Okay, it looks like my goals are mostly still going to work. I just have to lose the Main Street Electrical Parade. I'm going to add reminders to my touring plans for some of these...For example, the photos and info of cast members I'd like to acknowledge..I'm going to add reminders in my touring plan under Notes (either in a break or on specific rides). Even if I don't use them at that time, they can keep me thinking of it. Other goals, such as Festival of the Lion King and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train I can incorporate easily into the touring plan without having to remember them. For the goal "Three photos of us per day", I can add in suggestions for places to take the photo (in front of the castle, with a character, with a particular attraction/decoration/scenery item, etc...) It's important to keep these goals in mind as I make my plans.
Speaking of plans, my strategy for making my Magic Kingdom plans is to break each of our three days down to the following components:
- 11 attractions (each attraction will appear once in the touring plan)
- 1 character venue (such as Mickey's Town Hall)
- 1 lunch plan
- 1 parade/fireworks/castle-show
All of the above will be completed before 5pm (unless its fireworks), and the remaining time will be spent on dinner (I'll just list suggestions), as well as additional rides that have a low-wait time or that we just want to do again. By having our plans end early, we can decide when we are ready to leave the park. If we have plenty of energy we can ride whatever rides we want, but if we are exhausted (or wet from rain/Splash Mountain), we can leave early without messing up our touring plans for subsequent days.